Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Cry for Help

You know you've got an eating problem when

  • You spend the last $8 in your pocket on as many 50 cent legs as it will buy.
  • You know that Zingers are a better deal than Ding Dongs by .25 oz in the vending machine.
  • You profess your love for salt.
  • To back up that love, you (on a dare) eat an entire salt packet straight (but vow to never do that again!)
  • To further cement that love, you dip fries in salt instead of ketchup.
  • To save you from a love gone wrong, your wife tapes shut 2/3 of the holes in the salt shaker from the inside with clear tape.
  • And you catch on after 2 meals.
  • You buy an entire roasted chicken at Sam's Club(for $5) and eat 2/3 for lunch because you don't like their regular menu.
  • You buy "value" boxes of Snickers (48/box) and Ding Dongs (24/box) from Sam's Club and keep them in your desk.
  • You eat a donut from a 11/12ths full box of donuts left BY (not in) the trash receptical on another floor at work.
  • You bring a 10 gallon Rubbermaid container to "Bring Your Own Container "day at the local movie theater and have it filled with popcorn for $.53…and don't even see a movie. Done at least 5 times.
  • You like your mashed potatoes with a very yellow, buttery tint.
  • You like to drink pickle juice and the leftover liquid from green beens, onions, and bacon grease.
  • You consider some foods as "vehicles" for condoments:
    • Tomatoes --> salt
    • French Fries --> salt
    • Bread --> butter
    • Lettuce --> ranch salad dressing
    • Corn on the Cob --> butter and salt
    • Crackers --> butter and salt
      • Special instructions: dip the cracker in a tub of butter, use your tongue to spread said butter uniformly, salt then eat.
  • You think that the pig is the perfect animal to eat.
  • You eat at KFC for the skin.

Added by the lunch crew (within 5 minutes of seeing the above list):

  • You get excited when certain people go to lunch with you that you know will not finish their meal, and they offer the rest to you.
  • You get excited at Wendy’s because they have bigger ketchup containers.
  • You call dibs on the Krispy Kreme box after it is empty of donuts to pick at the frosting stuck in the bottom of it.
  • You at 100 shrimp during Shrimp Fest at Red Lobster… for lunch.
  • You suspect you were the reason that the "all-you-can-eat" soup bars in town are no longer "all-you-can-eat".
  • You post the rules and records for the IFOCE (Internation Federation of Competitive Eating) outside your cube.
  • You consider a sleeve of Girl Scout cookies one serving.
  • You were miserable eating 3 big slices of pizza, yet still found room for an ice cream cone.
  • You email Hardees to thank them when they went back to promoting burgers.
  • You frequent McDonalds enough to feel obligated to give the help Christmas gift cards.

To quote the Captain from The Simpsons: "He's more beast than man".

Does this look like a man who had ALL he could eat?

I guess the first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem…

10 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

Wowie Chris! I feel bloated just THINKING about all that salt. At least you are at the first step.

Guinevere said...

lol Wow, Chris, I think you might have a problem. ;o) Sounds alot like M...lol

madison said...

You CRACK me up! I'm with Guinevere- I think you might have a tiny little problem. And I thought my T was bad.....compared to you he is a little angel! :)

Blessings to you,
S:)

meg said...

"You like to drink pickle juice and the leftover liquid from green beens, onions, and bacon grease"? EEEWWW- that's just wrong!

Unknown said...

I'm with meg! EEEWWWW!! And all that salt would blow me up like a balloon! You need help, man... I'll bet your blood pressure is in the stratosphere! At least give that up!!lol I'm sure Pru will knock you down a peg or two, if she wants to keep you around!
hugs,
Jean

weimie said...

Chris buddy - let me come to your rescue... at least on the salt thing. I love, love, love salt!!! I salt stuff without tasting it usually... then add a little more along the way as I eat the top layer off the serving on my plate. It's a sickness....

The rest of those things, just absolutely cracked me UP!!!! I honestly can say - I've done a few of them myself (yeah, that krispy kreme box thing especially! shhhh don't tell anyone - its our little secret!)

But now I have to ask - please tell me you're not planning to EAT the OLD fruit in your desk???? ;o) lol

Aynde said...

Oh I love salt too. Anything salty and chunchy. especially popcorn. I will pass on the dingdong and twinkies. I don't like doughnuts.

HOWEVER - I can put away some hot wings. They are my one true weakness. I love the spicy goodness with all my heart.
I am also a pasta lover. I love pasta. I also have a weakness for the fountain drinks at Sonic. Diet Dr. Pepper with 2 slices of lime. YUM! Oh and Starbucks. I love the coffee goodness.

no wonder I am a gargantua. LOL

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your list. LMAO.


g.j.

bwmson said...

Butter and salt....salt and butter. They are a magical pair.

The 3 slices of pizza comment gave me a great laugh.

Malathionman said...

Original recipe all the way! No extra crispy.