Friday, February 02, 2007

I Didn't See My Shadow...

...but judging by the frost on my nose, I'm guessing we still have a lot of winter left around here.

Yep, it's my Birthday.  43 years ago my mom gave birth to a 19" long, 10lb 9oz cinder block.  Not much has changed - just a bigger brick.  Unfortunately, the hair is almost the same.

To celebrate, I've uploaded some pictures to Flickr of me from my dad's house.  You'll see a lot of bad red hair on a big head.  Play close attention to the shirts.  Wide collars, psuedo-turtlenecks, and ring zippers.   Most (if not all) were either hand-me-downs or homemade.  Feel free to comment.  No shot is too low.  It was the 70s, remember?

After The Boy and Em's gym & swim session at the YMCA, we'll make a trip to Zorba's in Champaign - home of the best gyro on the planet!  I can't wait!

And be sure to stop by and give some love to my sister in the Ground Hog Order: Weimiegirl!  She's promised to show off some technocolor clothes that would make Joseph jealous!

Have a great weekend, all!

8 comments:

Sue said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHIRS! Nice photos to boot. Can't make fun of them because I have pictures very similar, but very humiliating.

Have a great Birthday!

Sue : )

Anonymous said...

Don't know about jealousy... but technocolor is definitely in abundance!!

Like your pics... ;o)

Happy Birthday to you too (and thanks for the shout out!)

Anonymous said...

HBTY. I checked in here intending to surprise you with a Happy Birthday, but you must get up earlier than me. Hope it's a good one. Love, Kolo.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Chris! I hope you have a great time at Zorbas. I won't make fun of those wonderful pictures . . . because you're just a year younger than me and I have the same kinds of pictures in a box somewhere at my mom's house. Someday I'll get brave and post a few. But don't hold your breath! ha, ha, ha.

Aynde said...

Happy Birthday to my fellow Aquarian!!!! Much love from Texas!! Have a great time at Zorba's!

Unknown said...

Wow! Such red hair! I love the pics..can't tease you, because we have a whole gallery of them at least that bad! Happy Birthday!
Jean

Malathionman said...

DUUUDE, I'm telling ya, you and I are like twins. You beat me by an ounce at birth. We both were born in February. I will be a year older though. Happy Birthday! I'm surprized you aren't going for the free Denny's dinner.

Caffeinated Librarian said...

Happy Birthday to Yoooooooou!
Happy Birthday to Yooooooooouuuuu!
(Your mother was a hamster and you smell like one tooooooooooo!)

Which is CL-speak for Happy Belated Birthday, dude. May you have many, many more.