Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Focus and Clarity

Everyone and their brother has something to say about Harry Potter. You can't swing a dead computer mouse without hitting a news sight or blog (no offense CL, Fasty, or Christy) that talks about their love for the be-speckled sorcerer. And with good reason. JK Rowling spun an epic and entertaining tale that brought many back to papyrus.

But I think we've lost sight of the true hero of the summer: Jonathan. He brought focus and clarity to the Internet and a smile to our faces with his simple statement of affection for our special reptile friends who live in their shells - much to the chagrin of Denise (may or may not be her name), the Action Channel 8 news reporter covering his antics. How quickly we forget...

So, without further ado, I reintroduce to you (for the eleventy billionth time): Jonathan, the "I like turtles" boy!

9 comments:

bwmson said...

I love live TV!!

I smell the beginning of a new epic....Jonathan, Zombie Turtle Master. To quote Ghostbusters...The royalties alone will make you richer beyond your wildest dreams.

Anonymous said...

Yep, that would be my kid too...totally off topic with the whole world watching.

Nice blog you have here...the manure statue is breathtaking. Ick.

weimie said...

I listen to the Preston & Steve Show (you can google them) via a podcast everyday and they've been playing this "I like turtles" clip often. Cracks me up.. love the way Jonathon says the word turtles!! I get tickled every time I hear it!

Sorry to hear the hair tonic isn't working :o( Just face it, Chris - bald CAN be beautiful. Not that you are bald! ;o) But now, about that hat... I can get you one. Maybe you'd be better with a Floss Dude instead though... "chick" just isn't quite fitting for you, is it? The ponytail may be an issue...maybe I'll find some unsuspecting classmate asleep during a lecture that I can just snip off. Ya think? ;o) Color preference?? hehehehe

madison said...

Too funny! Have a great weekend Chris! :)


Blessings to you,
S:)

Guinevere said...

Hellooooooo. Where are you?

Sup, Chris? We miss ya, buddy!

SomedayQuilter said...

Hi ya Chris. The turtle boy is from here in the Portland area. The local news talked to him awhile back and he explained that he just couldn't think of what to say and that's what came out.

Yeah - I'm a grandma finally! I posted pictures.

Eric said...

Hey, what's not to like about turtles? haha

We need some new posts, though. :)

Unknown said...

hahahahaha!!!!

I saw this a while ago, and all I could think was "what the?!?!?"

Still make makes me laugh. ;)

Anonymous said...

That turtle boy is from my neck of the woods here in Portland!

Nice to "meet" you!